March 25, 2020
Leasing Process / Information
Please note that most of our common leasing questions are answered online here:
DO NOT email our office just to ask if something is still available or ask if we have a specific size unit at a building not listed online. We are short-staffed during this shelter in place order. Our website will reflect the most up to date information and the status will change to either ‘Applications Pending’ or the entire listing will be removed if the unit is offered / rented.
Please refer to the listing for the quoted start date. The leasing team will prioritize applicants that can move in at the listed start date. We cannot ‘hold’ units for August if they have a preferred June move-in date. If the unit is still unrented in July that may be an option the leasing agent will consider but not more than 30-days out.
The pics / floorplans shown online are the only virtual tour option we have at this time. We are not permitting facetiming or walk-ins to any of the occupied units during the shelter in place order.
Here’s a breakdown of how the application / leasing process will work:
- Review pics / floorplan of listed unit (this is the only virtual tour option)
- Submit applications online – one application for every member of group / each roommate
Application link: Application (new tab)
** When the application asks you if you have seen the unit just note that you have reviewed the pics / floorplan **
- Office reviews completed group applications (2-4 business days)
- Offer email sent out to accepted group
- Group needs to respond to offer email and can choose to accept / decline the offer and send email decision back to office
- If offer is accepted the office will activate a portal for paying the holding deposit – this should be paid by next business day – payments accepted via e-Check (no fee) or credit / debit cards (fee set by 3rd party vendor)
- If holding deposit is paid the office will send an electronic DocuSign lease and activate portal for remaining security deposit amount and application fees
– Note: holding deposit is non-refundable once paid but is used towards the security deposit. eg: if holding deposit paid is $200.00 and full security deposit is $4,000 – the group only needs to pay $3,800 for remaining security deposit amount)
– Security deposit is refundable at the time the apartment moves out in the future provided the unit is returned undamaged with no pending balance
- Group has 3-5 business days to complete lease signing / paying deposit. If both are completed then the apartment is considered rented and off-market
- Additional time given for co-signer forms (2 weeks usually) or for any other documents requested by leasing agent.