January 1, 2021
COVID-19 OFFICE UPDATE
North Berkeley Properties office staff, maintenance staff, and our vendors will be operating as an essential service. The office is open by appointment only and limiting capacity into our office in accordance with local health guidelines. Please email or call our office to schedule an appointment prior to your arrival.
We encourage residents and visitors to utilize our online services in lieu of in-person office trips. A 24/7 drop box is available for returning keys, forms, and other items to our office. Any documents or general questions can be emailed to:
Info@northberkeleyproperties.com – All general inquiries
Parking@northberkeleyproperties.com – Parking space requests
Leasing@northberkeleyproperties.com – Leasing information, private showings, roommate changes, renewals, etc.
Accounts@northberkeleyproperties.com – Rents + Accounts Payable / Receivable
All visitors, residents, and vendors must wear facial coverings while vising the office and entering the building common areas. A hand sanitizer station or sink/soap will be available for visitor use. Keys and pens will be disinfected prior to re-use by visitors and vendors.
We are no longer holding open houses or showing occupied units. A limited number of self-tours for vacant units may be available and must be scheduled by appointment only. You must wear a facial covering when visiting any unit on a self-tour. We encourage visitors to view units online via our 3D Tour, floorplan, and online pictures Most of our 3D tours are of the actual unit (not a model unit) – and were recorded no earlier than April 2020.
Facilities maintenance, fire / elevator inspections, and essential janitorial / grounds maintenance will continue in accordance with local and state guidelines. Per the State of California the following workers are considered part of the ‘essential workforce’ and will continue operating providing support services to residents:
- Workers responsible for the leasing of residential and commercial properties to provide individuals and families with ready access to available housing.
- Residential and commercial real estate workers, limited to scheduled property viewings to a potential buying party. This does not extend to open-house viewings, nor viewings with more than one buying party at a time.
- Workers responsible for handling property management, maintenance, and related service calls who can coordinate the response to emergency “at-home” situations requiring immediate attention, as well as facilitate the reception of deliveries, mail, and other necessary services.
- Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, businesses, and buildings
- Workers who support the supply chain of building materials from production through application and installation, including cabinetry, fixtures, doors, cement, hardware, plumbing (including parts and services), electrical, heating and cooling, refrigeration, appliances, paint and coatings, and workers who provide services
- Workers supporting the operations of commercial buildings that are critical to safety, security, and the continuance of essential activities, such as on-site property managers, building engineers, security staff, fire safety directors, janitorial personnel, and service technicians (e.g., mechanical, HVAC, plumbers, electricians, and elevator)
Thank you to all our vendors and maintenance staff that are continuing working to serve our building residents and communities during these difficult times!