July 1, 2021
Leasing Process + Information / How to View Vacant Units / No Showings of Occupied Units
Please note that most of our other common leasing questions are answered online here:
How To Apply / Leasing Information
Website is Updated Daily:
Our website will reflect the most up to date information and the status will change to either ‘Applications Pending’ or the entire listing will be removed if the unit is offered / rented.
March – May is historically our busiest period. We advise applicants and interested parties to check back on this website for new listings or changes to existing units that are listed. Apartments that are offered out with a holding deposit received will be changed to ‘Applications Pending’.
Viewing VACANT Units by Self-Tour:
The pics / floorplans shown online are acceptable ways to view our units virtually. Units that are VACANT can be viewed via self-tour by scheduling an appointment with the office to pick-up keys at our leasing office (2115 Kala Bagai Way). Please email Leasing@northberkeleyproperties.com to schedule a viewing (AP units please email Leasing@apmanage.net). OK to book units for AP and NBP at the same time and please just email both leasing teams. Our office is closed on weekends and no self-tours will take place on Sat/Sun. Please also note that we may not be able to respond to self-tour requests until the following business day (Monday) if you email on a weekend.
Applicants can just email our office with a few 30-min time slots that they prefer and same day appointments are usually possible. Appointments can be made Weekdays 10am – 1pm, 2pm – 4pm. The office closes at 5pm so the last key checkout time is at 4pm and keys must be returned before office closing.
Viewing OCCUPIED Units Virtually:
Please note that there is currently no option to view OCCUPIED units in-person and we cannot ask the current residents to do a video tour to show their own apartments. Some occupied units will be listed with a 3D tour, photos, floorplan or some combination. Currently what is provided in the listing is the only virtual option to view the apartment. If the apartment moves out and becomes vacant we will begin self-tours.
Leasing Process / Application:
Here’s a breakdown of how the application / leasing process will work:
IMPORANT – Missing or delayed applications are the most common reasons why we are sometimes unable to offer a unit. When you submit an application you will always receive a confirmation email from AppFolio. Please make sure all group members submit an application around the same time AND everyone receives a confirmation email. Group applications are not considered until all applications are received.
- Review pics / floorplan of listed unit (this is the only virtual tour option). Or view the apartment in-person by appointment
- Submit applications online – one application for every member of group / each roommate
NBP Application link: NBP Application (new tab)
AP Application link: AP Application (new tab)
** When the application asks you if you have seen the unit just note that you have reviewed the pics / floorplan **
- Office reviews completed group applications (2-4 business days)
- Offer email sent out to accepted group
- Group needs to respond to offer email and can choose to accept / decline the offer and send email decision back to office
- If offer is accepted the office will activate a portal for paying the holding deposit – this should be paid by next business day – payments accepted via e-Check (no fee) or credit / debit cards (fee set by 3rd party vendor)
- If holding deposit is paid the office will send an electronic DocuSign lease and activate portal for remaining security deposit amount and application fees
– Note: holding deposit is non-refundable once paid but is used towards the security deposit. eg: if holding deposit paid is $200.00 and full security deposit is $4,000 – the group only needs to pay $3,800 for remaining security deposit amount)
– Security deposit is refundable at the time the apartment moves out in the future provided the unit is returned undamaged with no pending balance
- Group has 3-5 business days to complete lease signing / paying deposit. If both are completed then the apartment is considered rented and off-market
- Additional time given for co-signer forms (2 weeks usually) or for any other documents requested by leasing agent.
Comments from Past / Current Residents from Reddit: